San Vicente Catholic School (SVCS) is a private parochial school located in the heart of the village of Barrigada, serving students from pre-school to 8th grade. The school is named after the Patron Saint of the Barrigada Parish, San Vicente Ferrer. The Most Reverend Bishop Baumgartner, OFM Cap., founded San Vicente Catholic School in 1955.
Four pioneers were instrumental in the development of San Vicente Catholic School and creating a center for academic achievement and high moral Christian values. These four pioneers were Father Zoilo Camacho, the first Pastor/Administrator, Sister Naomi Curtin, SSND the first Principal, Sister Mary Frances Therese Gibson, SSND and Miss Veronica Duenas, a Mount Mary College graduate who taught seventh and eighth grades respectively.
The land for the School was donated by the late Maria Camacho and Jose Crisostomo. Over the years, through the dedication and devotion of the School Sisters of Notre Dame and the Community of Barrigada, the school has excelled in providing quality Catholic education and cultivating well-rounded students.
In 2012, San Vicente Catholic School received the full six (6) year dual accreditation from the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and the Western Catholic Educational Association (WCEA) in recognition of the schools commitment in providing quality Catholic Education and improving student learning. Additionally, San Vicente School continues to improve the school facilities with new classrooms and a new cafeteria further exemplifying San Vicente School’s commitment to quality education.